MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Banana Treat, 4 x 9 watercolor
Buenas Noches

I started my day with a Spanish lesson with Bernardar, such patience with me, truly, she is a saint. I painted for few hours and then took the walk down to town very carefully, so I wouldn't fall down again, to get more masking tape. I am really achy from horseback riding or falling, I don't know which. We always have an adventure when we go to town, took some pictures of some children today. Had a taco at a Mexican Restaurant, the chef had his 3 children there helping out, the youngest one gave us the menus, she was about 7 and her brothers were maybe 8 and 9. They loved having their picture taken and then I showed them on the camera, they gave me big smiles. The little girl was picking flowers in the courtyard, one boy was playing with a batman, (I had to take his picture too) and the oldest one was entertaining us with his yo-yo skills. Then while walking back to the colony we heard some music, sounded like a music box until we came from around a truck and saw 4 children, 2 playing an instrument like a small handheld harp. I asked them if I could take their picture, and they got all excited and grouped together and played a Christmas song for us, we thanked them and wished them Feliz Navidad. It seems like when we walk downtown, the time flys. We came back around 4:00. I have been painting the banana series this afternoon and made a great dinner tonight with salmon again with avocado, tomatoes and a roasted red pepper. It rained a little bit today, I finally carried the umbrella, remembered my money and keys too this time, geez.

I have many series started now, and the imagery for paintings keep coming from these photo compositions. fun, fun, fun. We have Fransico's Christmas Party tomorrow evening, he says he has some surprises in store. He has hired a miramba band. So dancing is in order. Oh no! More excersise, ouch.