MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Saturday, January 01, 2011

And Life Itself is on the Wing

"And Life Itself is on the Wing"
(work in progress)
7 x 11 watercolor, white ink, and gold leaf 

This is the beginning of a series of paintings I have started themed "Nesting". It came from thoughts of comforting places, encompassing the need for peace, and then letting go to imagination. I was drawing with some sticks & stones in my sketchbook, practicing some writing excersises with the actual word as well, then went for a walk and found this little nest on the ground, and this is what came out of that afternoon, I feel it is still a work in progress. Other paintings in this series have been started too. It a slow moving series of paintings, but I am throughly enjoying this process of finding a subject that found me and then developing it into more un-traditonal ways using my watercolor and mixed media techniques. Sticks, nests, natural elements, colors, poetry have new meaning when I combine them.