MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I am awake, energized and alive!

Christine, Susan & I had a figure drawing class this morning. Christine teaches figure drawing in Germany and it was a great experience, she challenged us, tomorrow a class with another model. Honing my drawing skills with the eye to hand. Experimenting with color and lines.

We had eculyptus in all our apartments today to help with all the throat problems that Susan & I are having, hers from a cold, mine from screaming the other day at the top of my lungs. Carlos came with branches of it to put in our studios. Anyway its coming back, the voice is coming back.
I am working on 13 -11 x 30 paintings, skipping around on all of them, almost finished with three. Whats the hurry, I am so happy with all but one of them, but I think I can make it better, the solution just has not come to me yet. I am working on titles for them, of course in espanol. Thinking about exhibiting in the National Museum here in San Jose next year and getting encouraged to do so. The logistics are frightening right now, but doable. Need about 10 more pieces to make a good representation of "PURA VIDA".

Have made arrangements with Bernarda about Cal's & my little side trip to the pacific today. Mon -Wed to the Playa Carillo, Nicoya Pennisular, about a 4-5 hour ride through some wonderful countryside to get to the most beautiful beaches on the Pacific