MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Sunday, January 13, 2008

San Jose Attempt

It's, Sunday, on another beautiful sunny day, Christine, Bonnie & I decide to go to San Jose's Contemporary Art Museum by bus. Wonderful! Inspiring! As planned Bonnie & I leave Christine at museum and go to take pictures of architecture of the old city where many old homes have been converted into hotels and B&B's. We stopped and got a map at a rent-car store front and proceeded to our destination, taking another bus part of the way, so we could walk and shoot. Two young men ran up behind us and robbed our cameras at the same time, right our of hands and ran down the street. I screamed and chased them, Bonnie ran around the block to see if she could see where they went, but I screamed all the way down the street, yelling, swearing my head off, waking up everything sleeping in my path. Maybe I over-reacted....but the events of those next few hours was like watching a movie. I think I counted 20 cops at one point, 7 taxis and the whole neighborhood of probably 3 blocks emerged in one spot, where one of the taxi drivers saw the 2 men go into a doorway. The doorway was rather a make-shift doorway. Some wood boards, some metal, etc... but the police barged in and after a couple hours came out with a suspect I identified as the robber. They actually found my camera, but not Bonnies'. We did what the police told us to do and answered questions as they came up in our spanglish. The police were great, they did everything they could. It was traumatic, many taxi cab drivers were very kind and people in general there with us were comforting, we went to the station to retrieve camera and was given 2 choices, either stay longer in country and go to court and testify and press charges or take my camera and let him go. Opted for the later. . . and thanking God we were not hurt...I think I can live with laryngitis for a few days....and The Adventure Continues.