MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Tuesday, December 05, 2006




No rain today either. I took a long walk with Susan today. Up a steep dirt road and back again. I found a hummingbirds nest and some seeds that the Costa Rican people make jewelry out of. The hummingbird flew around me for a while, I was waiting for it to hover so I could take a photograph, it did not cooperate so I continued on my walk and on the way back I saw her again and finally she stopped singing and I looked up and saw her resting in a nest made up of spider webs. It was amazing. The property is well maintained, lots of fruit trees, I have been cooking with the lemons from the tree right outside my door. Went to the bustling city of San Jose tonight to support an artist that stayed here in the colony as well for a short time. She did some printmaking here. Interesting evening, spent most of it trying to figure out directions, streets are not marked and building names are not consistent, neither are the maps correct. But we found the gallery in the childrens museum, go figure. Anyway, got a ride home from Francisco, the manager of colony, instead of taking bus. San Jose was like NY city, huge city and the traffic incredible. No big buildings, just alot of people and traffic. They drive crazy (loco) here.


Did mucho painting today too. All day tomorrow, with a little walk to get groceries.