MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tradition

January Artists 2008
(L) Christine, Sean, Donna, John, Holly, Nancy, (R) Irene, Charles, Bonnie, Francisco, me, Susan

Started a new tradition at the colony, taking a group picture. We are all painting each other or have a book, that represent our art. I think they all thought it was going to be stupid looking, but it came out really great. I love it, except for my cleavage. Francisco has hire me to take more pictures for the colony's website. So, today, depending on weather of course, I will spend a few hours taking some property shots. I feel privileged. Fransisco & I will go and get a nice print of the group next week. He wants one with out him in it, but I like the one with him for this blog.

Carlos, Fransisco's brother, not in picture took us on a mystery ride today too, and the views were spectacular, I think we drove about 3 hours, thinking we were going swimming at a waterfall, and 3 hours later reached to pacific coast, (I think he forgot to turn off somewhere.) The beach was vocanic, black sand and it was more of a cargo port, but still alot of beach goers, and not the prettiest beach I ever saw. But it was hot! Sometimes its just the journey and not the destination I realize. The trip to the pacific was an adventure in the back of a pick-up truck, the whole way, I took some great photos of the landscape. This coteza amarilla tree was one of the highlights of our cross country journey. On the way back we spend most of the ride laying down because passing police cars we were lucky not to get stopped, being illegal to carry passengers in back of the truck, so we made believe we were melons. lol