MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Quintessential Costa Rica

Daily life is quiet now in the colony, subdued and peaceful, this tico culture doesn't hit you like a ton of bricks, I know I have not written in the blog, I just felt I had nothing to say and so much to say. I am trying to figure out how to make uploading pictures easier to the blog too. I think I found it but have to try a few things first.
My spanish class was really interesting today. We had 3 in class and conversation was flying in spanish, not from me though, but I do find it mush easier to understand it, than speak it. Its hard to start off a conversation, I get stuck.
Last night we went to an opening reception for a few artists exhibit at the National Galleria, it was wonderful, Charles, Irene, Donna, and Lynn. Great space, it used to be a prison 100 years ago, and then to be knocked down, now a National Galleria. kind of eeiry, vault-like. You can see where all the cells were with wrought iron gates, stone, castle sitting amidst a run-down section of San Jose.

Above is another wonderful, inspiring artist's business card, Christine.