MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Juanita's Flowers



Juanita's Monsteros Deliciousa
Lorraine M. and I finally painted today some beautiful orchids we discovered here in the colony. I did not get a picture of them yet, the camera I borrowed ran out of battery, so had to recharge and then I forgot about it. I painted them all day and I really dislike the painting, I think I will wash it down and start over. Terrible painting!!!
We are having fun introducing ourselves to all the new artists this month, Gail, Diane, Charles, Irene, Donna, John, Lois, Robert a mix of writer and visual artists. My name is "Lorraine" and this is a friend of mine"Lorraine". Faces look surprised. lol
Carol went home on Monday, I miss her. We had a great time, painting, day-tripping to Orosi Valley, Puriscal and then to Rodeo Drive, oooooooo (yes Rodeo Drive) no shopping though, just viewing the mountains and the birds, the horses and nature. Catching a glimpse of the Oropendular birds of Costa Rica was awesome, hilarious actually. Black birds with yellow tails, squawking with 100 other oropendulars with a very distinct bird call and when they are mating which is all the time they swing like a pendulum on a branch, it is the funniest things. Oh yea I just remembered that we also saw a phenomonon of a rainbow cloud, not the ordinary arch but on the ground in between some mountains. We both saw this sight and would not have believed it i we did not see it together. Unbelievable!!
Made some plans to go on a boat ride in the jungle and visit the Trimbini Rainforest on Friday with the artists here. Can't wait!