MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Costa Rica Arrival a Success-Yippeee

A long day, with a couple of scares, really rough ride and landing this time, very scary and then steward tells me immigration might not let me in the country because I didn't have a return flight booked yet, but it worked out fine, they didn't even ask me when I was returning to the states, geesh, got my stomach in knots for no reason---patriots won---weather is grand, my tummy is full, I have my old studio here in Costa Rica, feels like I never left it. Can't wait to get into my artwork tomorrow, get acclimated to my surroundings again and set up house. Went grocery shopping, so I am set up for the week, except I forgot to buy toothpaste at mercado. I don't see my friends, the geckos tonight yet. Have made tentative plans for a tour for 22nd & 23rd of Dec with friends here, of the indigenous people in Costa Rica, we will go directly to Guatuso where the "Malekus" live and we will visit their ranch, Rancho Margarita where they will meet us about 11am. They will give us an explanation of their culture and give us an traditional lunch that includes vegetables and fish prepared inside banana leaves and cooked with other delicious natural spices. Then we will walk in the family's garden and have a very interesting explanation about the usage of plants for eating and medical purposes. After that, don Rigo, the grandpa and his grandchildren will have a theater performance for us. Finally, we go back to the ranch where we will view their craftwares. That is a whole afternoon tour. In the evening, we go to our bed and breakfast LA CASONA where we will spend the night. That is about 10 minutes from the town La Fortuna (where the Arenal Volcano is located). My Spanish teacher, Bernarda set this little excusion for us today and set up Spanish lessons for me too.