MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Buenas Noches
What an interesting evening, we met a very well-known Costan Rican artist, Isidro Con Wong at his studio/home tonight, he only spoke Spanish but we had an interpreter, his son and Dina can understand alot of Spanish, she was a big help. He had huge paintings of landscapes that included indigineous trees, bulls, mountains and foliage of Costa Rica, they were poetic and colorful and now he is painting more abstract with figures from past paintings. He is the of son of Chinese immigrants and he tells his story with passion. I felt priviledged. www.isidroconwong.com.

Went to Cuidiad Colon for lunch break down the steep hill with Dina & ALice to have casada a typical rice, bean dish, which all the restaurants offer with their own signature flavors to it, various versions of salsa on the plate, in very large portions. The plate always looks like it would cost mucho colones, (lots of dollars) but it is the most inexpensive meal to eat here, whether with chicken or fish and beautifully arranged in the even the smallest snack/lunch sodas (small snack places). Bought a red ginger flower for $1.00 at shop. It then started to rain hard and we took a taxi back, it rained the rest of day until late afternoon. I had a little accident in the kitchen today, I was rinsing out some clothes in sink and I forgot that I left the water on, as I was drawing I heard water running but I thought it was the rain outside, it rains so hard here, but no the water was overflowing the sink, all over my studio, rivers were starting to form. Good thing this is a cement floor, all my towels are wet now too. No damage, don't tell anyone. I got alot of drawing done while the rivers were flowing.

We are making plans for our christmas party (s) too. One at the main house with Francisco and his friends and family and then one with only the artists and the people who live on the complex, all either staff or artists, friends. We will exchange a secret santa way.

Alice & I had our Spanish class this morning with Bernarda, played dominoes with spanish words, matching opposites, like tall and short, etc...great teacher! Will make one for Hudson Jai someday soon. Of course I took pictures today too and discovered the panorama feature on my camera. Will do more experimenting with it before I post anything.