MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hola Amigos
Had my first Spanish lesson, can you tell. I have some homework to do too.
Did pretty good. Great teacher! Starting to feel like home now, I am decorating my studio with some bamboo and some other little things, tired of looking at these blank walls today. I do have a lovely view from apartment with the biggest glass windows on one wall. The lemons or oranges or limes, just picked from tree outside my door. I can't tell you what they are, just that it is a citrus fruit. It's not yellow like a lemon but it tastes a little lemony, yet sweet, it looks like a lime when it is not ripe, and looks like an orange on the inside. One of those mysteries! Postcard on bottom (pictured above) I picked up at a shop in Quepos that supports "Kids Saving the Rainforest" campaign. It is a collage made by children, that has cut out letters from magazines, like a ransome note and then on bottom it has pictures of animals from Costa Rica. I loved it. Had to have it! Other postcard above is traditional CR motif handpainted on a wagon wheel.

My geckos are now keeping the spiders away I think, my friends "Goforit" & "Getit". I named them just now. "Goforit" is in the bathroom and "Getit" is behind the bookshelve.
"Goforit" & "Getit", watercolor 3.5 x 2.5
All of us women met down at the pizza restaurant, sat at an outside table under an arbor of fragrant flowers, beautiful night with a glowing nativity scene sitting in corner with white lights all over it and there was a white horse along side of the restaurant tapping with his right hoof on side street waiting impatiently for his owner to ride off on him. Lots & lots of things to look at, artwork on the walls from local artists, handmade jewelry & flowers surrounding even inside this little Italian restaurant. Also after dinner we all went for a short walk to the middle of town where they were having a young peoples holiday concert and craftsman around a christmas lit plaza. This was after a long day drawing out my next series and working on a large painting to finish up the bamboo series.


I have been thinking seriously about coming back in Dec/Jan again just to teach a workshop here and then stay on longer to paint, working on details with director now. TTYL