MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Friday, December 15, 2006

Hola!!
It is starting to look alot like Christmas. I found a beautiful tree branch (Carlos cut it for me) for a Christsmas tree, and Susan I have had some fun creating ornaments, when we find something on the ground. Stick a thread on it and hang it on the tree, its pretty funny. But looks great!! leaves, chili peppers, pods, flowers, a bracelet turned into a wreath, las amigas will be putting something on the tree. I have another gecko in the apartment now, he got in when I came in the door last night, her name is, "Gotit", the 3 amigos de gecko now in apartment. Tomorrow is the festival of lights in San Jose, about 30 minutes from here and we are planning to go early because large crowds are expected. In morning is open market, in Cuidad Colon, we will walk down at 8am together. Looking forward to that for picture taking mostly. Maybe buy some flowers and fruit.

Susan & I and a dog Macy took a walk on the property, we figured Macy would scare away any wild creatures and protect us. She did protect us. Trip to the mall was neccessary today, I bought a microphone for computer, so if anyone wants to talk to me though voice, download Skype. My screen name on Skype in lorrilorri, www skype.com. We also visited the festival in Colon which has been going on all week, small village setting in square, some crafts, jewelry, clothes and christmas concerts every night, and fireworks. Seems weird to have fireworks, with all the wildlife here, it is not very sensitive to them being that CR is so eco-aware. One of our projects here as a group is to get a recycling program in order, with the help of the University of Peace, here in Colon. Will not be too much effort, but something we all believe in.
I am still drawing everyday, from nature and from pictures I have taken, by viewing them on the monitor here, its been such a wonderful tool. Dina & Susan and I made paste paper last night, like finger painting on paper. Wonder how they will look tomorrow after they dry. I'll use them for backgrounds this week.
Isidro's Bull, mixed media on board, 4 x 9