MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fiesta Tempo!
Miramba n' Mojitos
Fiesta de Fransico's. Traditional Costa Ricense foods. Dancing on the tennis court. Colored lights, bamboo decorated branches, Nativity scenes. Gifts scattered around and the deck open to the warm night sky. The party made it feel more like Christmas finally, I am a little mixed up with being in such a warm climate for CHRISTMAS. It was great fun watching Carlos and this little girl dance, wow she could move those hips and she danced with everyone. From the upper deck I watched the girls dance around and laughing with them as they turned around and around with arms flying, no worries. "Para Vida"
In the afternoon Fransico took Miriam & I to Multi Plaza, shopping for groceries and rum...we should have known it would be longer than expected, stuck in car while he went to bank, when you go to bank, expect at least 45 min. wait. I bought a pair of shoes. My sandals have seen better days, I have stretched them to the limit walking up & down these steep hills. Feliz Navidad to me. Aja is off to Brazil today. Anxious to hear about her culture shock experience, since this is the first time for her traveling out of the country. We americans are so spoiled.

Which brings me to the season of winter solstice. Longer days of light in a new solar year. My solstice tree of gifts from new friends. Everyone has put some form of ornament on it and it eminates friendships I have made here in the colony. This one is my favorite, it is about the size of a baseball, found on our horseback adventure. A large dried pod with seeds tucked in it that flew away. (like a little basket) Carlos spotted it in a tree and got off his horse to get it and carried it all the way back on horseback. I hope to get in home in one piece. A precious gift.