MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Went to the open market in town this morning. Last Saturday I forgot my memory card for my camera so today I was able to take some pictures there. The "Coconut Man", the "Banana Man", the "Soap Lady". I feel another series coming on. Just came back from a candlelight service at a "Unity" church in the area that Lorenzo & Swasik belong to. They are a lovely couple that are in the artist colony also. They are writers. He is Italian, (he says he is European) and she is from France. We went to the service in a van taxi and picked up a couple other friends of theirs, Kati, Vicki, and Rainbow (yes Rainbow). The service was in Spanish & English. Twelve words like wisdom, love, strength, power, renounciation. understanding, order, faith, misssing some words now were the topics. Candles were lit and each of us had an affirmation twisted around our candles. Mine was "I am wisdom and confidence". I wish I had the wisdom to look down at the street rather than up in the treetops, because I fell again and screwed up my right knee. Bruised my left hand fell right into a pot hole this time. Feeling very clumsy lately. So poor me ok? ok looking for some more sympathy. Tomorrow Lorenzo is going to do some reiki on it to see if we can take the trauma away. I'll try anything, anyway the service was memorable. We are all realizing time is running out here at colony, days are numbered, Sunday dinner at Chantelles casita, Monday paint all day, Tuesday horseback riding, Wednesday, last dinner all together and Hot Springs in Oriso, and maybe showing our work to each other, Thursday Spanish and taking guys out Carlos & Royce to Bonanza, our canteen now, the people that own restaurant have asked us for Christmas turkey dinner at 3:00. How nice is that? Adios