MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fiesta

Paaartay...potluck @ my studio tonight 6:00pm, be there, don't be square. Salads, fruita mesa, layered guacamole dip, focaccia, ratatoiulle, wine and a birthday cake for Avery (he turned 70?)

The artists @ colony, Kirsten, Vivian, Katherine, Shelley, Roxy, Patricia and me. Between the artists and the residents in colony, (Bernarda & Isabella in picture) fourteen people, including Adela, and Isabella, delightful little girls living with their parents here and of course Forrest, the big old lab and two gigantic toads. The biggest toads I have ever seen, size of two hands put together, They hopped up to the door by the pool and the girls screamed. It was someone's prince I am sure of it! My, oh my, it is very windy tonight, hope I don't lose electricity again, better get this uploaded.

Email from Susan today, an artist I met a couple years ago here is coming down to CR soon. Will be great to spend creative time with her again.

Started another painting again today outside with Patricia, was able to help her out again on computer questions too. So nice to paint with her, she is working on a large piece approx 70 x 40 watercolor outside. I can only handle a 22 x 30. I will have to gradually work my way to that size. Yikes! I only started another 11 x 30 piece, the light coming through these huge leaves captured my eyes today, Most likely bugs have eaten the leaves or a fungus, but they were glistening in the light like glitter and then the bamboo swaying in the background, catching light too, I thought it was striking and deserved to be painted. Another one not quite done yet.

Cal, hope you are feeling better tonight! Love you!