MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Pura Vida!













Pura Vida...Costa Rican, "Tico" expression encompassing
well-being, positivity, and harmony

This is my studio this year...each area is on a different level, studio being two steps above dining area and kitchen a step done from dining area, bedrooms on either side of dining with separate bathrooms. Hey...can't believe it is Sunday already.Feeling pretty good today, painted all day outside with Patricia Forrester, we painted an unusual banana-like plant with wonderful colors of yellow, purples and pinks. Perfect for painting in watercolor. We lost electricity this morning for about 7 hours, no coffee, no toast. My gas stove was not working either. We all survived it, of course no problem, you just feel so incomm-unicado. It happens very often here in CR. Kirsten & Jorge, artists next door made me coffee this morning on their stove, had it outside by the pool.

I also gave Patricia a "skype lesson" on the computer, then after I skyped some friends and now just catching up on this blog, I think I will call it a day, I have to slow down. ;')

Nancy was kind enough to fix my necklace today, clasp broke, she lives here in CR on property and designs jewelry. It's perfecta! Muchos gracias!.

I have butterflys & dragonflys this year in my studio instead of geckos. Everyday another butterfly, how do they get in? Listening to NPR Radio in Boston on computer, it says it is 16 degrees, yikes, it is 72 here, no TV, just music, birds, and NPR.