MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fig Tree

This is a "Strangler Fig Tree" It's seed comes from the canopy and the roots grow downward, eventually strangling another tree and then that tree dies inside the fig tree with its entertwining branches and vines and becomes hollow, so cool, so I started painting one here on the property and this is a detail of it, the finished size will be 11 x 22 like the rest of the series I am working on here in Costa Rica, the shiny leaves on the detail is a masking fluid, it rubs off leaving white areas to paint in later. An amazing tree. Well, I now have a phone, in my room, there are some beautiful bougainvilia around the pool today in big pots, white lilies in the sunroom, pointsettia on the table and a wreath of gold garland on the bar...sharpened all of my colored pencils tonight, yea exciting night, decided to watch "Lost" tv show on the computer, it was terrible, changed over to "Sex in the City", that was better & found a cool website I can catch upon all tv shows.

My heart goes out to Aja tonight, she is dealing with alot of pain this week, and struggling with lots of "stuff", I wish I was there, and not here today, wish I could wisk away from all of it. Give her strength!