MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tuesday @ Colony

Last night Carlos took us up to Tiquencia restaurant, but they were closed, up a very steep hill where you can see three cities all in glitter, just an amazing spot. Will go back another time. Had dinner at a Carribean food restaurant near here, It was fantastic!. I thin the owner/waiter took advantage of us though, serving us all an appetizer of ceviche, which was the best I ever has, but we just wanted one to share, and then for dessert he did the same thing, served us each a dessert when we thought we would just be sharing one. It was a really nice celbration, Carlos, his wif, and their daughter Juliatti, she is approx. 28 yrs old and has a wonderful son Jaun Camillo who was in the colony last year, he is 9yrs old, sweet, sweet kid, handsome and a real nice boy, wish he was here again.

Started another painting with a drawing of my favorite tree, a quanaqaste, a huge trunk with two differnent kinds of leaves, that are not on it now, because it is winter here. It has five tire swings hanging from it, each a different color, I hope I can pull this painting it off, (wondering if I should do mixed media on it) I am looking down at it at a high steep hill/ledge of old dead palm leaves. It will be interesting!, Had a relaxing day really, went to the market with some artists, came back. went in the pool, and puttered aroundcleaning/reading my watercolor magazine and had a really nice time at Patricia's studio for a glass of wine before dinner and conversation with a few los artistas and shared our thoughts on art and the world. Now just catching up on blog and eating dinner, lettuce, avacado, chicken with onions. cinnamon, cumin and a small potatoe. Looking forward to my visitors soon.