MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I went horseback riding again at the same place. Just three of us this time. A different trail, an hour was a good amount of time to be on a horse, my knee muscles hurt, though. It was a beautiful experience. The horses are so beautiful. The Costa Rican cowboys were getting the horses ready for a big parade in San Jose today. Hundreds of horses strutt there stuff, fancy stepping, dancing, must be an awesome site to see. Because I have only a couple days left here, time is precious. So I can not squeeze one more thing in these next days. The day(s) of course flew by. Picked up a couple things for lunches in Colon, walked up that damn hill again, (I will not miss carrying my groceries up that hill) Lorenzo came over to see me, Soizic kicked him out of their casita, she had a client meeting. He so graciously educated me about Vitamin B12 that I have been taking for boosting my metabolism. He writes about health issues, I think he owns some spa clubs, anyway it was a really nice visit, he is about 68 , from Rome and told me I need to do more breathing excersises, so that I can be in harmony. I will try to do these tasks daily to see if he is right. Sweet man. So, I did not think he would stay so long this afternoon, then time for the sunset at Vinca Bonanza again, we went for tea and paid our bill from last night, because none of us had colones to pay for our christmas dinner. They were so kind. Long story. Took a taxi back to colony, because the path to the restaurant that we found (is a secret), another long story) was too dark, I was ascared of snakes in the grass at night. And not to mention tipping over again. I have a reputation now, being clumsy. Working hard tonight to finish up two paintings for our "open studio night" tomorrow after our last supper, Alice & Allison doing readings, Susan & Miriam & I showing our masterpieces to the colony, Dina decided not to participate. We have invited some outside guests that we all have met this month. Hopefully Royce will read from his writings also. Macy (one of the dogs) brought Susan over to visit tonight, so we had a few chuckles, nice break from painting. We are all hiding in our casitas tonight finishing up for tomorrow night. I'll be up all night trying to decide how to present all I have done. Over 50 drawings and paintings, did not reach my goal of a hundred paintings, but I did get alot accomplished. I have taken over a thousand pictures and I feel like I still don't have enough, the landscapes here are gorgeous, and being on a bus both times going places I have not been able to take many landscape shots, so we are going to hire a taxi for Thursday morning to take us to Orosi a quaint village south of San Jose for a few hours and stop at all the Kodak moments along the way, Taxi driver and the girls have been forewarned. Thursday night taking Carlos out because he has been the "gem" at this place, helping each one of us see the Costa Rican ways of fun, hospitality and generousity. I leave Friday morning, be home after 8:00pm. Having trouble agaian uploading photos.