MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bamboo Winds
watercolor 22 x 30

Arriving back home Friday evening
Ok, I really don't want to go back to reality. But, I have 13 new friends I have met here too from all over the world. It has been a very productive trip, learned about blogs and the creative journey of writing in this online journal daily for a month, which I always wanted to do. I got to know my camera better, today I found out the flash has different levels of light I can control, but still I am baffled on night time shooting and the speed of shutter adjustments with this digital camera. Dowloading and filing photos. Composing photos, without this computer I woud not have been so productive. Viewing my images instantly for reference for my different "series" of paintings. The Boatman, Bananas, Landscapes, Bamboo, Architecture, Orchids, Coffee Beans, Trees, Sarongs. I have enough reference today from Costa Rica to last a lifetime, but I will be back and hopefully not alone. I would love to share this magnificent scenery with my friends and family and students. I am working on another trip to come here with art travelers for same time next year Dec & Jan. The people are so gracious and kind here. The country is the most beautiful I have ever seen, so much for an artist for subject matter. I will look at things differently now even in my own little village, Wickford, RI.


Today 4 of us went to Orosi & Cartaga. We went to the hot springs and then we went to Lankaster Gardens where I have the most beautiful photos of the strangest looking orchids. The Orosi Valley was great, it was a bit cool and a really foggy day, perfect weather for soaking in the hot springs while the sounds of waterfalls and streams surround you. Sounds to good to be true. We had a nice little man for taxi driver who asked me for directions, that was a little scary, don't you think. I mean I have a great sense of direction, but please, I lost my patience with him. Anyway, I am packing now after a pleasant dinner with most of us at Finca Bonanza again, they had this huge spanish banquet table with 8 high back chairs. We all sat around. It was another grand night enjoying the atmosphere there and the company of people I have lived with for a month. mmmmm The four words again that descibe this wonderful opportunity for me would be, the spontaneity of creating, the discipline to paint/draw/photograph a piece or pieces of art everyday, to paint and draw and compose with passion and for even a short time, the freedom to do it all in. Thank you for reading my blog and sharing this month with me. I would love to show you the work I have accomplished here and hope you can enjoy Costa Rica's natural beauty someday soon for yourself, before it gets too popular. Para Vida!!!!
Coffee Plants, watercolors, 4 x 9