MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Monday, December 25, 2006

We were reflecting at our very special Christmas dinner about Saturday's candlelight service. A cast of characters. It was in English & Spanish, it was more tolerable in Spanish, Miriam sitting next to me at the service, said at one point "just picture him in his underwear" and then I couldn't stop laughing. You know the kind of laughing where it could've been out of control? We were captive there, and it was the most amusing night, singing carols. Another andidote was that Rainbow, in her late 70's, forgot to put her bottom teeth in before going out. There are "muchos mas" stories to tell. I have to practice my Spanish even writing it helps me, sorry, but this is my journal remember?

Feliz Navidad y paz to us and to you. It was such a pleasant morning of exchanging gifts, at breakfast. French toast, fruit, maple syrup. We made wishes for the coming year & some of the party goers are wishing their headaches would go away. I do miss home today. It is warm here about 78 degrees F. Some puffy clouds and feels like there might be a shower coming along. I hear thunder. I did laundry this morning and hung the clothes out on a line, they dried in about an hour. Smells great! The nights here smell like jasmine too. It is in the winds. Trying to catch up on blog this afternoon and do a bit of painting, then we will all go to dinner at Vinca Bonanza and watch sunset. Bonanza sounds like a really tacky place. huh? I have found a new drink, cold tea of Rosa de Jamaica, made from hibiscus flower petals, real red color mixed with a little juice, refreshing. The coffee is very smooth here too which I love and learning again what good coffee taste like.