MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Artist 's Way

Of course what matters when you look at my work happens immediately within your own perceptual framework and your response will be instantaneous and probably needs no verbal accompaniment. However perhaps you might like to know how I am approaching my work whilst here in residency at the colony? I am entranced by the beauty of nature here in Costa Rica. It has changed the way I now look at landscapes, I find myself weaving one image into another. For example: the wings of butterflies become the texture of the landscape. I am allowing myself the freedom to de-construct and then re-construct what interests me and use the inspiration in unusual abstract ways. I am really enjoying this process totally...it allows my creative strengths in photography, design, and watercolor techniques, to dictate new progressive concepts into paintings of "harmony".