MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Blustery Day












Back in the saddle again....I went horseback riding this morning with Carlos (he is maintenance manager of the colony) & his familia, it was a beautiful day, my horse was very cooperative too. Did exactly what I told him to do. Just very pleasant ride through the mountains and forests. Juan Camillo and Francini are pictured here with their horses. Juan got very attached to his horse, talking to him and cuddling him, he took right to the ride. Francini was screaming her little girl screams as the horse did what it wanted to do, she was skittish of the horse, and it was pretty funny, Carlos had to guide her with the reins through the trails. I was the heroe, remembering the trails from last year, cause Carlos could not remember which one to take when we came to a fork in the road. My excellent sense of direction came in handy. lol...

These other pics are from the Christmas Eve party around the pool. Carlos the best dancer award and Patricia, having a good time & of course Alice's sapatos.











Tonight we had our Wednesday night dinner, small intimate group tonight than usual, (potluck). Susan made a lentil loaf, it was like a meatloaf with no meat, was delicious with a mustard sauce on top. Tasted so good after not eating for a couple days. Patricia made salmon, sour cream on a potatoes, I made the foccacia again. And then we had to raid Franciscos refridgerator for some vegetables, because no one else came with food. We cooked up some broccoli, peppers and garlic and had some left over potaoe mixture that Francisco made earlier. I guess everyone was making art. I feel like I am writing like I am at camp. Anyway, we all decided Christmas Eve that Saturday would be an open studio night, well, afternoon @ 4:00. We will make rounds to each others studio and see what each is up too. 3 are composers/musicians, 5 visual artists, so it should be fun, we will invite people we have met these last few weeks. The girls I went away with over the weekend, the hotel manager, Jorge from Corteza Amarilla, yoga group, etc.... maybe have some hord'overes or focaccia in my case, hee hee. That means no more napping and being sick, this is serious now "finishing up some paintings" this week.

Watched "The Painted Veil" on my computer last night around two o'clock, it was a beautiful movie. Boy I love this computer, it is a life saver, listening to my music, watching movies, looking at my pictures I took during the day for inspiration. It is so nice. of course keeping in touch with all of you as well. Thanks.

I just heard tonight that two other women from the weekend got sick too. mmmmm makes you go mmmmm. Time for bed!