MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Friday, December 14, 2007

Enchanted

Colon Valley
4x9 watercolor by Lorraine Bromley

The Nutcracker at the Teatro Nacional, San Jose on Thursday night. A spectacular ornate building in the center of the city, inside and out. The ballet was enchanting. I took a few pictures after asking if it was ok. Then I was told by someone else not to take pictures, so I put the camera down and walked out at the end without my camera. I realized it when were still in the city and went back to the theater to get it and the whole theater was shut tight, it was weird, having only been there a half an hour ago when there was dancers, Tchaikovsky, an audience, clapping, and now going back into building with security was like I was in a play myself, it was pitch black, no lights, he turned on a single light to lead the way to the backstage, he opened the huge red velvet curtain and I was on stage, felt weird, I walked down the center stage (I bowed..no I didn't) and took the upstairs to my balcony and there was no camera there. I panic. Had nightmares all night. Carlos took me back to the theater this morning and security turned it into office. What can I say, it was an emotional moment!

So, I wonder where fantasy ends and growing-up begins.

P.S. Talia the dog just ate a lizard.




I think Cal needs a new hat!!!