MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Monday, December 10, 2007

Livelula

Interesting chat with Royce the director of artist colony. His last day is Friday here and maybe there will be another Costa Rican Artist Colony to check into the future. I met another artist Patricia Forrester today, she is very well known and one of the artists that helped get this colony started. I am going out plein-air painting with her this week, and it will be wonderful to be on-location with someone. I have been taking great pictures when I am out wandering, and then working in studio painting, but to have someone to paint with in the area who knows the area, knows spanish and loves being outdoors for along time will be wonderful to be with.

I found the most beautiful red dragonfly (livelula) today, it will go in one of the paintings tonight. Luis insisted carrying it to my studio for me, so I wouldn't have to touch it. I also have a small black and white butterfly in the studio keeping me company along with "goforit", the gecko. Carlos is taking me to a butterfly farm closeby in the afternoon tomorrow and more photos. I let Michael borrow the camera to take a movie of his dinner with a family in town celebrating Hannakuh tonight. I sam till eating my chicken soup I made the other day, made alot of it, it does have a costa rican flavor to it, coriander and oregano. The trees out my door are so full of oranges/lemons and grapefruits, they are falling from the trees, so I squeezed about 10 or so. They start to go bad very fast. So now I have juice to add to my water, salad and some to marinate my fish in this week.

Had my first spanish lesson today, felt like a first grader. Have to practice my words and the more words I can memorize I feel I can get by and get my point across. I'll be sneeking spanish in all my conversations from now on.

Still having fun experiementing with my designs.