MY WEBSITE IS

www.lorrainebromley.weebly.com

All About Me and My Adventures, Trials, Tribulations & Travels ... Fine Art, Design, Photography and Lettering Arts

Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Secret Garden


It's so black out there tonight. I saw some dark clouds come around the mountains out these huge windows, they must be still out there still, no moon, no stars. I am lost in my imagination with today's find, a garden was introduced to us today while walking into Colon this morning. I was taking pictures of a red hibiscus and at the same time an older woman was just getting dropped off by a taxi and asked if we would like to see some more flowers in her garden. Of course we could not resist the invitation and saw the most beautiful secret garden behind her casa. Orchids, jasmine, in a jungle, we had to duck under overgrown leaves as big as us along narrow paths, but so awesome. Walking along with the lady of the garden and her husband, and we found out it was Jauns grandparents, Juan works on the landscaping here in colony, he is about 18 yrs old. Great kid. "Nice", people. Nancy & I found other artifacts too to capture on film, only artists would find an air plant, squished by a car facsinating on the road and I am drawing it in one of my paintings, go figure, you will love it. lol Had a great day of painting today!

Made chicken soup today for the next couple days, muy bueno and looking forward to my Spanish class tomorrow with Michael & Bernarda.